JOIN THE TEAM IN SHAPING THE VISITOR EXPERIENCE AT THE GEORGE W. BUSH PRESIDENTIAL MUSEUM.
The George W. Bush Presidential Museum tells the story of our Nation and the world during the first years of the 21st century. It houses approximately 43,000 artifacts, 200 million emails, and 70 million paper documents. Guided by the founding principles of our Nation, the Bush Presidential Museum helps preserve the past while working toward building a better future.
VOLUNTEER INFORMATION CENTER
Active and registered volunteers, docents, and interns may use the Volunteer Information Center to:
- -Track service hours;
- -Sign up for volunteer opportunities; and
- -Receive communications from the volunteer support team.
Docents play a critical role in our mission to cultivate a better understanding of the Presidency and American history, the importance of public service, and significant public policy issues. Annually, more than 200,000 visitors on average are welcomed to the Bush Presidential Museum from all over the country and world. From a docent who brings history to life for visitors from all over the world to a Laura W. Bush Native Texas Park guide explaining Mrs. Bush’s longstanding commitment to environmental conservation, each volunteer makes a difference.
Due to the sensitive nature of Presidential materials, volunteers must be at least 16 years old, a U.S. Citizen, successfully pass a background check, and sign a confidentiality agreement.
Other requirements include:
- Available to work a 4.5-hour shift per week on a non-paid basis.
- Verbal communication and customer service skills are helpful, but not required.
- Spanish-English bilingual skills are helpful, but not required.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Basic computer skills.
- For some duties, ability to lift 25 pounds.
As a part of the Docent Program, you are a crucial part of the team and will receive the following annual benefits upon the completion of docent training and minimum service hours:
- Complimentary admission for two (2) adults to the George W. Bush Presidential Museum annually
- Complimentary admission to all other Presidential Libraries administered by the National Archives and Records Administration
- Invitation to exhibition openings
- Subscription to the Bush Center newsletters and emails
- Advance notice and discount on ticket purchases for Engage at the Bush Center, Presented by NexPoint
- Name displayed in the Freedom Registry at the Bush Center
- Complimentary parking in the Docent parking lot pending space availability
- Invitation to the Awards and Appreciation Celebration
- Invitation to the Bush Center Holiday Party (120 service hours required)
- 10% Museum Store discount
All candidates are encouraged to apply. To join the Bush Center’s Docent Program, please complete the application. We will be in touch to arrange next steps. Note: To protect your personal information, do not e-mail or fax your application. For general inquiries, email [email protected].