Deeply rooted here and in each of us is the desire to serve others, safeguard timeless American values, and leave behind a strong country and freer world for our children and grandchildren. This is our charge, and we will keep it. – President George W. Bush
Located on the SMU campus in Dallas, Texas, the George W. Bush Presidential Center is a nonpartisan institution advancing the timeless values of freedom, opportunity, accountability, and compassion. The Bush Center is comprised of the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum and the George W. Bush Institute, a solution-oriented policy organization focused on ensuring opportunity for all, strengthening democracy, and advancing free societies at home and abroad. Through policy solutions and public engagement programs, the Bush Center promotes ideas and conversations that reinforce the promise of America.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package to support employees and their families. We understand the value benefits have on the financial, physical and mental health of employees and we want to ensure employees can take care of their personal lives first.
- Paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Access to Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Competitive Paid Time Off, including but not limited to PTO, company paid holidays, summer Fridays, summer break, anniversary sabbatical, community service and bereavement leave
- 401(k) match
- Supporting families benefits including but not limited to paid parental leave, childcare subsidy and pet care subsidy
- Flexible work environment
- Commitment to professional development opportunities including but not limited to tuition reimbursements and discounts, SMU Professional Development courses, life enhancing lunch & learns
- Office perks to include free snacks and beverages, workspace in a state-of-the-art presidential center, discounts to the office cafés and bookstore, access to exclusive events, staff celebrations and team building activities, network to leaders around the world
Culture has always been a top priority. Without a strong culture, we have nothing, so we ensure investment in the team. We see the importance of working hard together, as well as stepping away and celebrating life together.
We believe in training the next generation of leaders. With our robust internship program, not only will our interns have access to on-the-job training around policy, research, writing, and other operational responsibilities, but they will also be able to engage in networking opportunities with our exceptional staff. We want to train and mentor students, who can give back to others in the world as they grow in their career.