Fill out the brief form below for access to the free report.
Connecting Veterans With Best-In-Class Health Care Providers
Research has shown that as many as 550,000 post-9/11 warriors could be dealing with PTS. We know that effective treatments for this condition exist, and that high quality care can lead to recovery for these warriors. But unfortunately, research also shows that 50 percent of them have not sought care, either because of stigma or not knowing where to receive care.
This is why the Bush Center recently launched the Warrior Wellness Alliance. The Alliance has brought together innovative high-quality care providers like TriWest, the Cohen Veterans Network and the Warrior Care Network with peer networks like Team, Red, White, and Blue, Team Rubicon, the Student Veterans of America, the Wounded Warrior Project, Mission Continues, and the Bush Institute's own Team 43.
We have seen that warriors are more likely to ask their buddies for help, but many times they do not have the network to connect with their peers. The Alliance provides peer-to-peer veteran networks and best-in-class healthcare providers to help veterans begin the steps to successfully transition from military to civilian life.
FIND A WARRIOR WELLNESS ALLIANCE MEMBER IN YOUR COMMUNITY
WARRIOR WELLNESS ALLIANCE CARE PROVIDERS
Cohen Veterans Network
The Cohen Veterans network provides high-quality, accessible, and integrated mental health care.
- Stephen A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at NYU Langone, NYC (Website)
- Stephen A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at UPenn, Philadelphia, PA (Website)
- Stephen A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at Easter Seals, Washington, DC (Summer 2017)
- Stephen A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at Cape Fear Valley, Fayetteville, NC (Summer 2017)
- Stephen A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at MetroCare Addison, TX (Website)
- Stephen A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at Family Endeavors Inc, San Antonio, TX (Website)
- Stephen A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at Family Endeavors Inc, El Paso, TX (Summer 2017)
- Stephen A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at USC, Los Angeles, CA (Website)
TriWest Healthcare Alliance
The Veterans Choice Program allows veterans to seek care outside of VA if they face wait times longer than 30 days or in situations where a VA medical facility is not easily accessible from their home.
- 25,000 mental health providers in 28 state VA Choice Network
Warrior Care Network
Warrior Care Network is a $100 million commitment to battle the invisible wounds of war by filling gaps in government care and reaching those who might otherwise go untreated.
- Home Base, A Red Sox Foundation and Massachusetts General Hospital Program, Boston MA (Website)
- Emory Healthcare, Atlanta GA (Website)
- Road Home Program, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago IL (Website)
- Operation Mend, UCLA Health, Los Angeles CA (Website)
WARRIOR WELLNESS ALLIANCE PEER TO PEER NETWORKS
George W. Bush Institute Team 43
Team 43 showcases the service, sacrifice, resilience, and continued leadership of these warriors and underscores the importance of sports as part of the rehabilitation process for our men and women injured on the front lines.
The Mission Continues empowers veterans who are adjusting to life at home to find purpose through community impact by deploying veterans on new missions in their communities.
Student Veterans of America
Providing military veterans with the resources, support, and advocacy needed to succeed in higher education and following graduation.
Team Red White and Blue
Team RWB’s mission is to enrich the lives of America’s veterans by connecting them to their community through physical and social activity.
Team Rubicon unites the skills and experiences of military veterans with first responders to rapidly deploy emergency response teams.
Wounded Warrior Project
Wounded Warrior Project® connects, serves, and empowers wounded warriors by providing free programs and services that address their needs and fill gaps in government care.
Changing the Dialogue of PTS
PTS is often talked about behind closed doors, as many who are diagnosed are ashamed. We need to change the conversation and empower more veterans to seek care sooner.
Warrior Transition is a Global Challenge
As we continue to fight the global war on terror side-by-side with our allies, we should leverage these relationships and share best practices on how to better care for our warriors.
Transition From Military-to-Civilian Life With a Plan
More than 200,000 service members transition from military-to-civilian life every year and our country needs your leadership, experiences, maturity, and inherent drive to get the job done.