Immigration Policy Hub
Bold, principle-based solutions from the Bush Institute on immigration reform.
Since America’s founding, immigration has been a vital part of our Nation’s story. America continues to be strengthened by those who come here in search of a better life.
When immigrants integrate and advance in our society, they realize their dreams, they renew our spirit, and they add to the unity of the Nation.
Every year that goes by without reforming our broken immigration system means missed opportunities to ensure the future prosperity, vitality, and security of our Nation. At the Bush Institute, we are committed to changing the terms of this debate and offering bold, principle-based solutions that are politically viable.
Successful immigration reform should be based on the following principles:
- Dreamers should be able to apply for citizenship
- America should uphold our longstanding tradition of welcoming refugees and asylum seekers
- We should manage our borders through investment, innovation, and by helping our neighbors
- Our immigration systems should meet the needs of our 21st century economy
- We should create a more efficient temporary foreign worker entry program
- The United States needs a rigorous, fair process for undocumented immigrants to get right with the law