Fill out the brief form below for access to the free report.
The 4% Solution: Unleashing the Economic Growth America Needs
The United States is reaching a pivotal point in its economic history. Millions of Americans owe more on their homes than they are worth, long-term unemployment is alarmingly high, and the Congressional Budget Office is projecting a sustainable growth rate of only 2.3%—a full percentage point below the average for the past sixty years. Unless a turnaround comes quickly, the United States could be mired in debt for years to come and millions of Americans will be pushed to the sidelines of the economy.
The 4% Solution offers clear and unflinching ideas on how to revive America’s economy. It sets a positive economic goal and asks some of the top economic minds on how to achieve it. With a focus on removing government constraints, The 4% Solution defines the policies that will allow Americans to save, invest, and create the jobs that the United States needs.
The 4% Solution draws on the best minds in the business, including Nobel laureates and other leading thinkers:
- Robert Lucas on the history and future of economic growth.
- Edward Prescott on how government spending programs can hurt the economy.
- Myron Scholes on why innovation is crucial.
- Gary Becker on why our economy will continue to need immigrants.
- Vernon Smith and Steven Gjerstad on how the housing market impacts the broader economy.
- Amity Shlaes on growth lessons from President Calvin Coolidge.
- Steven Hayward and Kenneth Green on how the U.S.’s own energy reserves can ignite an economic boom.
- Kevin Hassett on spending, taxes and a roadmap to 4% growth.
Where to Find The 4% Solution
The 4% Solution is available for purchase online and at bookstores, in both hardcover and digital format.Order a Copy