Fill out the brief form below for access to the free report.
Mrs. Laura Bush's 2019 Summer Reading List for Kids
Recommended reading for elementary and intermediate readers.
Reading during the summer months is critical for students. Not only does it keep them engaged and learning, but it helps nurture a passion for reading. Not sure where to begin? Encourage your kids to join the Laura Bush Foundation’s summer reading challenge of reading 30 minutes each day and get them started with one of Mrs. Laura Bush’s favorite books for elementary and intermediate readers:
BOOKS FOR Elementary Readers
by Vashti Harrison
by Adam Rubin
by Raina Telgemeier
by Jory John and Mac Barnett
by Bryan R. Johnson
by Chad Sell
by Katherine Applegate
by Sharon Creech
Books for Intermediate Readers
by Kwame Alexander
by Veera Hirandani
by R.J. Palacio
by Kekla Magoon
by Jennifer A. Nielsen
by James Patterson
by Rick Riordan
by Tom Angleberger
* Contest rules:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1) Contest and Sponsor: Participation in Mrs. Bush’s Summer Reading List Giveaway (the “Contest”) constitutes Contestant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. The Sponsor is the George W. Bush Presidential Center, (“Sponsor”). All decisions related to, as well as all interpretations of, these Official Rules by Sponsor shall be final and binding. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2) Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (and the District of Columbia) who are at least the age of majority for their respective state of residence at the time of entry (at least 18 in most states, some states such as AL, NE and MS have higher ages, other states have high-school graduation requirements). Employees of the George W. Bush Presidential Center and its affiliate companies and suppliers, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible. Eligibility is also contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules and fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3) How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. 1. Follow the Bush Center on Instagram; 2. Tap the link in the bio to complete and submit your entry. Entries will only be counted once. Entries must be submitted by 12:00 PM CST, Friday, July 12, 2019.
4) Winner Determination and Verification: Three winners will be randomly chosen from the eligible entrants. The winners will be notified via email on Monday, July 15, 2019. The winners may be subject to security vetting and eligibility verifications.
5) Prizes: One winner will receive a selection of intermediate books, one winner will receive a selection of elementary books, and one winner will win four tickets to Mrs. Bush’s November 4 Book Club event at the Bush Center.
6) Limitations of Liability: By entering this Contest each Contestant affirms that the Contestant is eligible to enter based on the laws of their respective state of residence and the contest rules and agrees to RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS Sponsor, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, vendors, advertising or promotional agencies, distributors, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, infringement, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of such Contestant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) technical failures of any kind; (2) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Contestants, internet or computing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Contestant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason a Contestant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Contestant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
7) Publicity and Copyright: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional or advertising purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration at any time in perpetuity. Each and every Contestant also grants an unlimited perpetual worldwide license to use, copy, display, distribute, publish and modify any images submitted by the Contestant for the purposes of entering this contest. Sponsor will be the exclusive recorder of all audio or image or video renderings of the interview (“Rendering”), and will be the sole owner of all rights related to any such Rendering. No license, express or implied, shall be granted by Sponsor to any Contestant for any use or rights in the Rendering. Sponsor will have sole editorial control over all aspects of any Rendering.
8) Suspension: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, the Contest Period, or any part of the Contest, if any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs Sponsor's ability to properly conduct the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at by an alternative selection process from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the cancellation of the Contest Period. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt to undermine the operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9) Disputes: Except where prohibited, Contestant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or Texas State Court located in Dallas County, Texas; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Contestant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.