The Laura Bush Foundation for America’s Libraries provides funds to our Nation’s neediest schools so that they can extend, update, and diversify the book and print collections in their libraries with the goal of encouraging students to develop a love of reading and learning.
Applications for the Laura Bush Foundation for America’s Libraries 2023 grant are currently closed.
- Enter your email address and password.
If you don’t have or know your password, click Forgot Your Password OR Create a new account if you don’t have one.
- Click the Green Apply button at the top of the page.
- Enter the access code: LBF2023
- Click the Blue Apply button.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about this application. Please contact us at [email protected].
- Application due by 11:59 p.m. CT on Friday, December 1, 2023.
- You will be notified as to whether your school library will be awarded a grant in mid-late Spring 2024.
- If your school library is awarded a grant, the Grant Agreement must be completed within 30 days of communication, or your school will no longer be qualified to receive the grant funds. This 30-day timeframe helps ensure that your grant funds can be spent in the grant period.
- If your school library is awarded a grant, all funds must be spent by December 31, 2024.
- A certified librarian or other paid professional must be assigned as responsible for the collection, care, and use of the materials housed in the school library.
- Public school applicants must be Title 1 eligible. Neighborhood schools, charter schools, magnet schools, etc. are all welcome to apply if Title 1 eligible.
- Private and parochial schools are also welcome to apply if at least 50% of their student population qualify for financial aid.
- Your school must have a library or designated space on campus where books are accessible to all students to check out.
- Principal must digitally sign principal agreement in the application.
- All financial documentation must be completed for your application to be complete – this includes the school/district W-9 and a voided blank check OR a bank letter.
- Per the grant guidelines of the Laura Bush Foundation, the grant is to be used to purchase school library books, e-books, and magazine requests as outlined in your grant application. Use of the funds for shelving or furniture of any kind, equipment (i.e.: computers, electronic readers, Kindles, etc.), staffing, software, videos, guides, tests or exams, classroom book sets, or similar items, is prohibited.