Bush Institute Warrior Open presented by AT&T
A highly competitive golf tournament that underscores the importance of sports as a rehabilitation component for our men and women injured on the front lines.
The Bush Institute Warrior Open, presented by AT&T, highlights the resilience and continued leadership of our wounded warriors and their families.
The Bush Institute’s Warrior Open began in 2011 for United States military personnel seriously wounded or injured since September 11, 2001. Since 2011, more than 180 warriors have participated in the Military Service Initiative’s Team 43 Sports, which include the Warrior Open and the W100K bike ride.
The events amplify and draw attention to the service, sacrifice, and resilience of post-9/11 warriors and their families, particularly the issues they face in making a successful transition to civilian life.
The 2021 Warrior Open will be held on Veterans Day, November 11, 2021.
To be considered to participate in the Warrior Open, applicants:
- Must have been wounded or injured in post-9/11 service (to include both visible and invisible wounds)
- Be active-duty, retired, or honorably discharged
- Have a 20 or under handicap
- Provide a GHIN number or if active duty, verifiable GHIN number
- Proof of military service/DD214
If selected, must be able to provide a medical waiver signed by a doctor to participate.