The George W. Bush Institute’s Military Service Initiative Summit, “Empowering Our Nations’s Warriors,” brings together leaders from across the private, public, and non-profit sectors to examine how Americans can more effectively support transitioning warriors and their families. Our mission is to enhance how we serve our brave citizens as they return home, ready to continue their service to their country.
The Summit will include:
- Remarks by President George W. Bush
- Remarks by Dr. Jill Biden
- Presentation of key findings from the MSI research project, “Understanding the Veterans’ Landscape,” which will provide an updated framework for an understanding of the post-9/11 veterans’ landscape
- A conversation with General Peter Pace and Stephen A. Schwarzman
- Two panels of national thought leaders who will help set the stage for a future path of collaboration, cohesive action, and established accountability