Southern Methodist University
SMU is a strong partner with the George W. Bush Presidential Center, serving as the physical home of the Bush Center, as well as providing access to the thought leaders and interesting voices from among its students and faculty.
Our hope is that this will be a center of excellence not only to benefit SMU but Dallas, the United States, and the rest of the world.– President George W. Bush
The George W. Bush Institute frequently partners with SMU’s esteemed faculty, tapping them to serve as panelists at policy summits; mentors for participants in various Bush Institute fellowships; and guest lecturers for visiting scholars, young leaders, and activists. With SMU’s Center for Presidential History, the Bush Center hosts public lectures from noteworthy historians and scholars.
Unique Student Experiences
SMU students see unique benefits of sharing their campus with a presidential library. Some of these special experiences have included:
- Participation by President George W. Bush in select SMU classes and in informal student discussions
- Remarks from President Bush at SMU’s 100th Spring Commencement Convocation
- Invitations to attend Bush Center summits and symposia
- Free admission to the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum
- Internships at the Bush Center – both in the Bush Presidential Library and Museum and in the Bush Institute