STAND-TO VETERAN LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
Applications are currently closed. For more information, please contact [email protected]
APPLICATION PROCESS, PROGRAM DETAILS, AND LOGISTICS
Throughout the Stand-To Veteran Leadership Program, participants will hear from a variety of nationally known and distinguished professionals, educators, and experts in veteran and military family transition issues.
The Stand-To Veteran Leadership Program is a five-month program beginning in July and concluding in November. Each module is two – four days per month. Four of the modules take place in Dallas, with the remaining module in an additional city to be announced at a later date. We will continue to closely monitor COVID-19 and how it might further impact the 2023 program schedule and module locations. The Bush Center follows the CDC’s recommended guidelines for COVID-19. All precautions will be in place to ensure health and safety for all program participants.
Module One: July 11 – 14, 2023
Module Two: August 9 – 11, 2023
Module Three: September 6 – 9, 2023
Module Four: October 3 – 6, 2023
Module Five: November 1 – 4, 2023
The Bush Institute is committed to ensuring that leaders from across the country can participate in this program at no cost. Tuition, housing, meals, and travel during the modules are fully funded by generous contributions from program partners and funders.
HOW TO APPLY
The Stand-To Veteran Leadership Program targets accomplished leaders (active duty military service members, veterans, military spouses, and civilians) from a wide range of sectors who are working to improve outcomes for veterans and military families through professional and/or community engagement. Candidates are likely to hold a variety of roles including board member or leader of a veteran-serving nonprofit, a funder or corporate leader engaged in veteran-specific initiatives, as well as those serving in all levels of government.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
Candidates will be assessed by their application submission, recommendations, and essays. After review, select candidates will then be invited to participate in final interviews. Finalist notifications will be made and interviews will be held in April 2023, and final acceptance notifications will be distributed at the beginning of May 2023.
We are looking for leaders who:
- Demonstrate leadership in their careers and/or communities and are ready to take that leadership to the next level
- Have made an impact in the military-connected community, their place of employment, or society at large
- Possess a strong commitment to serving veterans and their families
- Are enthusiastic about new endeavors and the veteran ecosystem
- Have high potential to create a substantial impact
- Demonstrate an ability to self-assess with humility and understand their strengths and weaknesses as a leader
- Have a moderate-to-high-level of expertise in one or more issues relevant to supporting the military-connected community
- Effectively work with others to achieve real results
- Will actively participate in the Stand-To Veteran Leadership Program network to exponentially increase its combined impact
Veterans & Military Families