From May 1-3, President George W. Bush will host the fourth annual Warrior 100K (W100K), a 100-kilometer mountain bike ride for United States...
From May 1-3, President George W. Bush will host the fourth annual Warrior 100K (W100K), a 100-kilometer mountain bike ride for United States military personnel seriously wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan. This year’s ride will take place at President and Mrs. Bush’s Prairie Chapel Ranch in Crawford, Texas.
This year, 16 warriors will join President Bush on the three-day ride. They include:
- Master Sergeant Dean C. Bissey, USA from Fort Bragg, NC;
- Staff Sergeant Timothy W. Brown, USMC, Ret. from Rockville, MD;
- Sergeant First Class Manuel A. Colón, USA, Ret. from Orlando, FL;
- Master Sergeant Christopher E. Demars, ARNG, Gill, MA;
- First Sergeant Robert A. Ferrara, USA, Ret. from San Antonio, TX;
- Sergeant Joshua E. Hansen, USA, Ret. from Woods Cross, UT;
- Sergeant Robert W. Leonard, USA, Ret. from Sugar Land, TX;
- Corporal Joshua E. Michael, USA, Ret. from San Antonio, TX;
- Staff Sergeant C. Spencer Milo, USA, Ret. from Colorado Springs, CO;
- Chief Warrant Officer Two Samuel J. Mortimer, USMC from Hubert, NC;
- Corporal Michael J.L. Politowicz, USMC from Jacksonville, NC;
- Corporal John W. Rego, Jr., USA, Ret. from Sykesville, MD;
- Sergeant First Class Michael R. Rodriguez, USA, Ret. from Fayetteville, NC;
- Master Sergeant Roque Rodriguez-Urena, USAF, Ret., from Summerville, SC;
- First Lieutenant Melissa Stockwell, USA, Ret. from Chicago, IL; and,
- Chief Warrant Officer Three James R. Williamson, USA, Ret. from Southlake, TX.
The W100K also heralds the significant contributions of organizations that support these heroes and their families while they are deployed and when they return home. Organizations represented on this year’s ride include Hire Heroes USA,Green Beret Foundation, and Wasatch Adaptive Sports.