George W. Bush Presidential Center
Exhibits & Events
Through our three Impact Centers -- Domestic Excellence, Global Leadership, and our Engagement Agenda -- we focus on developing leaders, advancing policy, and taking action to solve today’s most pressing challenges.
The George W. Bush Presidential Center, thanks to the generous support of Northern Trust, will offer free admission, family activities, never-before-seen artifacts and special guest appearances from Friday, April 20 through Friday, April 27, 2018 in celebration of its 5th anniversary.
Free Museum Admission
Celebrate our 5th anniversary with free admission to the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum, generously sponsored by Northern Trust, Friday, April 20 – Friday, April 27 during regular Museum hours.
Special Guest Appearances
Join Bush-Cheney Alumni and other special guests as they bring the Museum exhibits to life, recounting their experiences at the White House and sharing stories of their time working alongside President and Mrs. Bush. Hear first-hand about the work of the Bush Institute from Institute experts. Special guests include:
- Spencer Geissinger, Deputy Assistant to the President for Operations and Advance;
- Gordon Johndroe, Deputy White House Press Secretary;
- Karen Keller, Special Assistant and Personal Secretary to the President;
- Lindsey Knutson, Personal Aide and Special Assistant to the First Lady;
- Jeanie Mamo, Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Media Affairs;
- Anita McBride, Deputy Assistant to the President and Chief of Staff to the First Lady;
- Sarah Smith, West Wing Receptionist;
- Kevin Sullivan, Assistant to the President for Communications;
- Sergeant First Class Michael “Rod” Rodriguez, U.S. Army (Retired), Bush Institute's Military Service Initiative Advisory Council Member, Team 43 Alumni.
To see the specific times and locations of our special guests, please click one of the links listed below:
*Please check back often for the most up-to-date list and schedule of guest appearances.
View never-before-seen artifacts including a butter lamp given to President and Mrs. Bush by the Dalai Lama, and even a Christmas card from U2 front man Bono. Friday, April 20 – Friday, April 27 during regular Museum hours.
Lawn Games in the Texas Rose Garden
Challenge your friends and family to a friendly game of corn hole or giant Jenga in the Texas Rose Garden. Friday, April 20 and Saturday, April 21 from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; Sunday, April 22 from 12:00 noon – 5:00 p.m.
Cowboy Cookie Samples
In the Ceremonial Courtyard, sample Mrs. Bush's famous Cowboy Cookies and receive a copy of her recipe. Friday, April 20 - Sunday, April 22 from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Balloon Artist and Face Painter
Treat the kids in your life (or the kids at heart!) to a special creation from our balloon artist or a patriotic face painting session. Saturday, April 21 and Sunday, April 22 from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Enjoy some of President and Mrs. Bush's favorite dishes in the Courtyard Café. Friday, April 20 – Friday, April 27 during regular Café hours.
The 5th Anniversary Celebration is generously supported by: